Monday, December 18, 2006

One Wish...

I am hoping for a Christmas miracle...


May Brian Hall and Jerry Cooke, the two missing climbers on Mt. Hood in Oregon be found alive. I know the odds are against them... 10 days out in the brutal elements of an unforgiving mountain.


And my heart goes out to the family and friends of the third climber, Kelly James. His body was found yesterday in a snow cave. I am so glad that he had the opportunity to call his family from the mountain... knowing that thoughts and words were shared one last time.


God-speed, Brian and Jerry. I hope that you are safe... and home soon.

6 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Tom Bailey said...

The odds are low for survival but it would be a great thing if any survived this.

Very nice blog this is my first visit.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

about 5 years ago there were some people that got stuck up there. A little boy in Milwaukie had his walkie talkie out and picked up their call, told his dad, and he contacted the patrol and they were saved.

Now that was a great ending to a wonderful story.

There is hope..... always.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Steven said...

I'm with you on this.

Steve~

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

i just don't understand why people take these chances in winter weather, especially if they have families.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

I'm praying for a miracle.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so sad to hear they ended the search.. I was praying for a better outcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home