Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Together Forever...

On Saturday, November 25th, my grandmother passed away. She was 93. It wasn't totally unexpected... yet still very sad for all of us. She lived a good life. For 73 of those years, she was married to an amazing man... my grandfather. He died 3 years ago. I can't imagine how it must have been for my grandmother to be without her husband, lover, friend, and constant companion for the past 3 years... but she lived out those years with such grace.

The thought that comforts me most while I deal with the grief of losing my grandmother is knowing that my grandparents are together again... just as it had been for 73 years... and as it always should be. The two of them... side by side, arm in arm.

This thought makes me smile.

8 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi, I am so glad you are able to smile, and appreciate her life. Married for 73 years, thats wonderful. I'm sure they are together at last.

Keep smiling, as best you can. I'll be thinking about you.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

The same thing happened with the hubbys grandparents They were married for 70 years. She put that one their shared headstone and NOTHING ELSE. I want to add their birth and death dates, but the hubby says thats not what Gram wanted.

you were blessed to have them. It doesn't happen that way very often.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

hugs....

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

So sorry to hear that - but wow - what a wonderful marriage and life they must have shared. And all the times they've seen.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

Here's me sending my hugs, thoughts, and prayers to you and your family. Love ya.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Thank you all so much for your warm thoughts and prayers... it means a great deal to me.

I don't know what I would do without my blogging buddies!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

what a wonderful, heartfelt post. i am very sorry to hear of your loss but glad she has been reunited with her one true love in a better place than ours. Wow - people just don't stay married for seventy years these days - what an achievement.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

I was blessed to live down the road from both sets of my grandparents for the first 18 years of my life. They have all passed on now, but I have so many wonderful memories as I'm sure you do. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home