Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No Excuses...

I don't get it... why do people think that they can blurt out any hurtful comment and then minutes later "deeply" apologize!?!?!?

Mel Gibson... Michael Richards... what's done is done. Whether you apologize or not, it's too late. Your disgusting racial comments cannot be pushed aside with a simple public statement saying "I'm sorry, I didn't mean those hateful words."

I am just tired of it.

People... with the world as it is today, we need more tolerance, more compassion for our fellow human beings. But with people out there like the aboved mentioned... it just reinforces the fact of how divided we still truly are.

And this, my friends... makes me very sad.

6 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Sher said...

Yeah, I believe he is sorry. Sorry that people know his dark secret that he is a racist. This makes me so mad I could just spit. I'm tired of people and their horrible behaviour, also.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

The entire Michael Richards thing threw me for a loop...

The sad thing is there are TONS of non-celebrities saying it too.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger M J said...

Grr. It doesn't make me sad, it makes me angry.

What people say in the heat of the moment are usually exactly how they feel.. I think it's total garbage that these "men" think they can just spew out hatred and say, "Oops, sorry, I didn't mean it."

Crap. Total crap.

(steps off soapbox)

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rage is something that makes people do and say things that are beyond who they are or.. who they aren't. (combined with lets say..drugs, alcohol)

It's not an excuse. It's an observation.

I have the belief that mankind was not made to be adored (worshiped) like celebrities are in our country.

The result is they start believing they are the god-like personna's who have been put on those pedastils.

In the end they fail us, they fail themselves.

Then, what falls on us is the decision whether we join the hyena frenzy and rip a fellow human apart - because we find out he/she has faults.

I have so many faults. I've failed so many people.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I stumbled in from ... er ... I can't remember anymore. Geez, the blogosphere is so big! ;)

The toughest thing of all is showing compassion to those who are not compassionate; i.e., being compassionate to Gibson and Richards.

After all, where's the challenge otherwise. ;)

Thought-provoking post. Thanks!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger SongBird said...

Unfortunately, hatred and bigotry are alive and well in this world of ours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home