One More Reason...
Dogs Save Local Couple
Two Livingston County pooches will be getting extra doggie treats after they saved the lives of their owners. Wally Shook and his wife were sound asleep, but woke up when they heard their dogs crying. At it turns out, the furnace was leaking poisonous carbon monoxide and the dogs were alerting their owners that something was wrong. Wally Shook says he and his wife would have died if the dogs hadn't woken them up.
Wally Shook, dogs saved his life: "I'm just elated. These dogs are wonderful. If it wasn't for that, we owe them our lives."
The Shook family did not have a carbon monoxide detector installed in their home at the time, but the next day, they went out and bought one.
Lately, I have been wanting to get a puppy... this is just another good reason why I should get one! It's more for safety reasons... really!