Thursday, November 02, 2006

One More Reason...

Dogs Save Local Couple

Two Livingston County pooches will be getting extra doggie treats after they saved the lives of their owners. Wally Shook and his wife were sound asleep, but woke up when they heard their dogs crying. At it turns out, the furnace was leaking poisonous carbon monoxide and the dogs were alerting their owners that something was wrong. Wally Shook says he and his wife would have died if the dogs hadn't woken them up.

Wally Shook, dogs saved his life: "I'm just elated. These dogs are wonderful. If it wasn't for that, we owe them our lives."

The Shook family did not have a carbon monoxide detector installed in their home at the time, but the next day, they went out and bought one.

--------------------

Lately, I have been wanting to get a puppy... this is just another good reason why I should get one! It's more for safety reasons... really!

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get a puppy!!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Right - not only do they save your life, but they are so cute and lovable too!

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 words of advice...

Pet Insurance!

I cannot imagine life without my dog. Those 3 days while he was at the vet were the longest 3 days I have ever experienced.

What breed do you fancy?

Marnie
http://thefates3.blogspot.com

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Hey Marnie... I like all different breeds. But I have definite "yard-space" issues, so I have been looking at the miniature dachshund. Their temperment is good and they act like a big dog in a little body! But who knows by the time I do get a dog... I may have changed my mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home