Friday, October 20, 2006

Monkey Business...

Yes, this is my cat Lilly... and she loves bananas!!

This is a cat that has no real interest in "people food"... but when it comes to bananas, she can't get enough! I've had other cats who would go crazy if I opened a can of tuna... or meowed if I had the deli meat out. They never took any interest in fruit. But it doesn't matter where Lilly is in the house... I know I can't make it from the kitchen to the living room with a banana in hand without her right there wanting her share!

When Lilly came into my life a year ago as a stray... I would call her my little Black Puma. But now another jungle animal comes to mind...

She's my little monkey!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger CozyMama said...

too funny!!!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

She'd get along great with my dog Zeus. We always joke that he has the highest potassium count in town.

My cat, Sammi (who died 3 years ago) would beg for popcorn. Pets are so funny with what they eat!!!

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cat that loves bananas?

That's...well...bananas. ;)

Steve~

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

that is so hilarious! i don't remember where i read this, but i once came across the information that the world consumes more bananas than any other fruit. maybe that's because of Lilly and other cats like her. :)

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty kitty....i mean monkey!!

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can attest to Zeus being a banana thief. He'd take them right from the grandkids hands.

I had a cat (kittybaby) that liked watermelon when I was a child. Looking back I wonder if she just hungry because my parents didn't buy cat food. She only ate table scraps. They were from the depression era, had little in the way of surplus funds raising 8 kids.... and so a family pet had to be a mouser and leftover eater. However, when she had kittens my mom always made sure she had a bowl of milk from the barn.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

What a GREAT picture! Cats rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home