Tuesday, October 24, 2006

And The Wheel Goes 'Round And 'Round...


I need to vent, people. I have to buy new tires for my car before winter hits here in the great white north.

Do you know all the crap that goes into finding the "right" tire??

Some things that I never knew (or wanted to know) were things like Treadwear Ratings, Traction Grades, Temperature Ratings, Speed Ratings, and Winter vs. All-Season tires.

And don't even get me started on the cost of 4 new tires... if you want to go cheap... well, that's just like committing suicide. Yes, they are inexpensive... but they are absolutely worthless in any weather besides a nice 83 degree sunny summer day with absolutely no wind! So okay... I'll take out a freakin' second mortgage on my home to insure my safety behind the wheel!

Come on... all I want are nice round rubber tires that will get me through some snow in the winter and stay inflated in the summer.
Is that too much to ask??

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the kind with walnut shells

Honest!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

I always judge a tire by how long I plan on keeping the car.

And as far as mannequins go - there are some FREAKY people out there!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

just remember it's worth it since you will be the one riding on those tires! same thing in Michigan. got to have good tires to get through the snow and ice.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Pamela... You're kidding, right? Actual walnut shells in the rubber of your tires? Man, the squirrels must be chasing after your car!! tee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home