Monday, December 17, 2007

A Voice Silenced...


My brother called me last night to let me know that a singer/ songwriter, that was one of my all-time favorites, had died. Dan Fogelberg's music was a huge part of my childhood... and I carry my admiration for his music and the amazing man behind it with me to this day.

This is yesterday's statement from his website... “Dan left us this morning at 6:00 a.m. He fought a brave battle with cancer and died peacefully at home in Maine with his wife Jean at his side. His strength, dignity and grace in the face of the daunting challenges of this disease were an inspiration to all who knew him.”

Dan Fogelberg was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2004.

Some of his greatest music was not necessarily what everyone heard on the radio. His first few albums were pure genius. "Home Free," "Souvenirs," and "Nether Lands" showcase his amazing songwriting ability.

So I hope anyone who appreciated his music will take a moment... listen to "Same Old Lang Syne"... and remember this wonderful man.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP Dan!!!


Dreaming What Ifs...

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

life is short.
way tooo short.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home