Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Blue Moon With Heartache...


Rosanne Cash to Undergo Brain Surgery



The country songbird and daughter of Johnny Cash and his late first wife, Vivian Cash, has canceled the remaining four dates on her Black Cadillac: In Concert tour to undergo brain surgery in New York for a "rare but benign condition."

The announcement was made on the 52-year-old's official Website Tuesday. According to Cash's manager Danny Kahn, the singer has been diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation, a congenital deformation of the skull that affects the brain and spinal cord.

"She does want everyone to know it's a benign condition and it's not life-threatening," Kahn said. "It's nothing like a tumor or hemorrhage or anything. It's elective surgery."


------------------------------------

When I worked for CBS Records/Sony Music in Nashville, I was fortunate enough to work with Rosanne Cash briefly on her album, Interiors. In fact, it was the one and only “album” cover I worked on… everything had switched over to compact disc by then. Rosanne had insisted on having this album on vinyl as well as digital. It was an honor working with her. She is an amazing and truly talented human being.

If you ever have the chance… listen to her CD The Wheel… it was the first album she recorded after leaving Nashville and the “country” genre. It's simply beautiful.

The one Rosanne Cash song that will forever be in my heart… “Blue Moon with Heartache”... off of 1981's Seven Year Ache album.

My thoughts and prayers are with Rosanne throughout her surgery and healing process.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger GingerSnaps said...

Oh wow...I'll say a prayer for her.

Ah, you just took me back to those "glory days" of CBS Records for a moment. :)

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I am not too familiar with her. But I LOVE Johnny!! I hope everything goes smoothly with her "elective" surgery. Good looking out.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Although I don't know much of her music, I always got a good impression for her. I hope the surgery goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home