Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Never Leave Home Without It...

Fun Monday is here once again! Our host for this week is Candid Karina who asks us... What is it that we can't leave the house without.

Well, I have a few things... and here they are!


Chapstick... it's very important to have at all times. Soft lips are very important. I actually got this habit from an old boyfriend. He had a "thing" for Chapstick... sadly not me wearing it... he wore it... ALL THE TIME! He was a bit obsessed with it. He had some in his car console... in his desk at work... in his pocket. Okay... looking back, I now see that he was a bit too into himself. But Chapstick is the one good thing that came out of the relationship!

My beloved cell phone... it's the only thing I truly feel naked without! I am not one of these people who has the phone glued to their ear. It's just I love knowing that it's there in case of an emergency. Plus, my phone has a Tip Calculator... so I don't have to figure out the tip after dinner. HEY, I'm a designer, not a mathematician!!!

Kleenex... what can I say, I'm a 80-year-old in a 39-year-old body! My nose drips... yes, I'm a nose-dripper. So Kleenex is very important to have with me at all times. I usually fold up a couple and either shove them into my pocket or purse on the way out the door.

And last, but not least... my Pepperspray. I have resorted to carrying this on my keychain since this summer when there was a serial killer roaming around the city of Lansing (close to my neighborhood) killing women who live alone. Thankfully they caught him... but the Pepperspray has stuck with me.

So that's it people... the few necessities that I hold near and dear as I head out the door!

Happy Monday!

19 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I am glad that you explained about the Pepper Spray. I am even more happy that the serial killer has been caught. Perhaps, you will never have to use the spray, but that certainly is a security item.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Serina Hope said...

The pepper spray is good to have . Better safe than sorry. Happy Monday!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

What did we do without cellular phones???? I think about all the traveling I did - with no way to contact anyone if the car broke down or I was late - or I was at the store e and forgot my list. Life is so different.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger willowtree said...

Looks like chapstick and cell phones are the hot items, but this is the first pepper spray I've seen. Can you use it on salads?

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Great stuff you carry with you....but, I can't help but read about the gorgeous arctic fox. That's something? The boy was in the wrong....not the fox!!!!


Mine's posted...
Have a great MOANday.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger laurie said...

yeah, chapstick. i kinda like that stuff too.

a cell phone? i guess i should get one eventually. for the next time i lock myself out of the house.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Lapa said...

New literary blog!
Thanks for visiting.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

Very scary about the serial killer. I'm glad he's been taken out of commission. Seriously hope you never have to use the pepper spray, but it must be nice to know it's there.

I was scrolling down your blog and can't help wondering what happened with the foxes. That mom needs smacking.

Happy Fun Monday!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I used to carry pepperspray, maybe I should again. Sometimes we can think we're too safe when we're actually not. Anyway, you travel light. Neat how we sort of fall into light or heavy travelers. :)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Pepper spray! I love the pepper spray! I must confess that I am a little surprised it was not one of us Texas gals with the pepper spray. Great job! And could you please keep us updated about the arctic foxes? What an idiot mother!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so scarey! You know bad guys are out there, but so close to your nieghborhood? I'm glad they caught him.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

With my luck, I'd use the pepper spray on myself.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger kitten said...

I had thought of buying some pepper spray, but scared I will spray myself. LOL!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger ChrisB said...

Pepper spray seems like a good idea. We don't seem to see it advertised in the UK or maybe it's one of the things we are not supposed to use.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Princess Jewelee said...

having been pepper sprayed (for work, not cause i'm a criminal...lol) it crtainly can deter someone long enough to get away

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Kaytabug said...

Are those Kleenex really washable hankies? I miss seeing those. I answered your question in the comments of my FM post.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Karina said...

Hmm...I live alone...should I get some pepper spray? hmmm...

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pepper spray. You are the first so far that has mentioned that. Too bad you have to carry it though.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm a serial killer in the area? wow freaky, i'd go around with pepper spray and a baseball bat!!

it's a good item to have

 

Post a Comment

<< Home