Thursday, October 04, 2007

Brilliant...


Last night I watched "Pushing Daisies"... the new show for ABC. I could tell by the commercials that I was going to enjoy it... and the premiere didn't disappoint!

A deliriously happy fable about death, "Pushing Daisies" is colored in the bright pastels of a children's book. A cheerful, soothing narrator takes us by the hand and leads us through the bizarre yet somehow logical conventions of the story:

Young Ned learns that he has a strange power: He can bring the dead back to life with a touch. Unfortunately, if he touches them again, they return to death. And if he keeps them alive longer than a minute, someone else must die in their place.

We meet Ned again as an adult. He's running a pie restaurant (first bringing dead fruit back to perfect ripeness) and also working with a private eye to solve murder cases (and collect a reward) by bringing the victim briefly back to life. But Ned's secret leaves him deeply lonely. He can't even pet his dog. Then another murder case reintroduces him to Chuck (Charlotte), his childhood love. Unfortunately, she's the victim, and when Ned brings her back to life, he can't bear to let her go again...

Lee Pace stars as Ned and Chi McBride as his colleague Emerson. Anna Friel stars as Charlotte "Chuck" Charles, Kristin Chenoweth as Olive, and Swoosie Kurtz as Lily. The cast is joined by Jim Dale (the Harry Potter books narrator) as the narrator.

If any of you have seen and enjoyed the movie "Big Fish" with Ewan McGregor...
you will love the show "Pushing Daisies"!!
It has the same whimsical feel, using the elements of color and narration in a
brilliant way.



Check it out!!

7 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Big fish was MAJORLY confusing, pushing up Daisies was ok, nothing to go nuts over for me!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so bummed out that I missed Pushing Daisies......okay, here is my excuse.

I watched Heroes for the first time this week - and was IMMEDIATELY drawn in....however, I had NO CLUE who was who or what was what - so I Netflixed Season 1. It came yesterday, and I was having a Heroes marathon - trying to catch up on the storyline....totally missing the new show I wanted to watch. Oh well. Maybe they will show a repeat?

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - I LOVED Big Fish! Great movie.

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Big Fish...guess I might have to check out this show.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I watched pushing daisies and put it in my lineup. it depends on how much they go into the "28 years 5 months 4 days 12 hours and 9 minutes old" crap. it was okay for the first one but after that, give it a rest!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

I liked "Big Fish," but had to watch it twice. Not to understand it, but b/c I like Ewan. HOT.

I will have to catch "Pushing Daisies" on abc.com - sounds great!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Yaussie Girl said...

I am mad I missed this, but someone told me you can watch it online so I will have to catch up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home