Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hideous...

Yesterday, I had to have half of my nose gouged off of my face by the dermatologist!!

Okay, I may be overreacting just a smidge... but that's what it felt like!

A month or so ago, I started off with a nasty spot on the bridge of my nose... it became more noticable on our trip out west. I thought that maybe I had just missed that spot with my sunblock and got a really good burn. But after a month had gone by with me pampering it... I began to worry that it may be something more. It was a bit scaly and kept changing from being bumpy to being smooth like a burn.

So I made my appointment... went there at 8:30 am with all the thoughts of having him take a look... give me some cream... and sending me on my way. But no!!! He took a look... then said that he needed to remove it for biopsy... but he did not use the word "remove", instead he went with the term "SCOOP"... hello, that's my nose, what's there to "scoop"?!?!? He said that it looked like the beginning stage of Basal Cell Carcinoma. And before I know it... he had me down on the table... aiming a needle toward my nose. Okay people... I don't know about you, but there is not a lot of flesh on my nose to shove a needle into.

And it is at that instant... when the needle is in my nose... I start to go. What I mean by "go" is... I get the cold sweats and everything starts getting further away... I'm heading into the abyss! I have the strength to say " Um, just so you know... I am going to pass out now." The doctor tells me to hang in there with him, which I do... not because I always do as I am told, but more because of my fear that if I am out... he could possibly take the whole nose!

So he does his "scooping" and let's me lay there for a while. I finally feel up to sitting... I stay in that position for a while. Then I get up to cross the room to pick up my purse... whoa... I need to sit down again. After a few minutes, I make it down the hall to pay. As I am standing there, my hands and arms begin to go numb... I hold onto the desk and pray that I do not pass out in in front of the other patients. I finally make it out to the car, where I sit for a few more minutes. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE WORK WEEK!!!

I should get the results back next week sometime. I'm not too worried at this point... because right now I am more concerned about how hideous I look! I keep a bandage on it during work... I don't want to horrify my co-workers!

Here are a couple of the photos that I have sent with an application to the circus... I am hoping to get a job in the FREAK SHOW!!!

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH

I hope it comes out clean of anything cancerous or basil celly!!! very scary. Now I am going to go inspect all the weird spots on my body.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This isn't going to help your dating situation at all........

We still love you, holes and all :)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

DON MADE ME SAY IT !!!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

my first word was ouch.

My last trip to the dermatologist, he didn't do that.
He gave me a chemical presciption that burned it off a little each day.

The pharmacist said it would turn black and fall off - but it didn't get that drastic at all and DID NOT LEAVE A SCAR.

check with your doc about that. That seems a little agressive, but maybe yours was more advanced than mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home