Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Sad Goodbye...


Last night, my grandma passed away. She was 98 years old. She was the most amazing, thoughtful, selfless and content person that I have ever known. My grandma showed me what it was like to have true faith... and that faith never faultered... even towards the end.

I was so lucky to have such a wonderful grandma. And I was fortunate to be able to tell that to her this last Saturday. I knew that this visit would be the last I would have with her... and I am so thankful I got to touch her, tell her the things I wanted to say, hear her say "I love you"... and just breathe in all of her grace.

My grandma loved to crochet, draw pictures, play Yahtzee!, visit with family and friends, and read her bible.

I keep thinking how blessed our family has been... having a parent, grandparent, and great-grandparent live to be 98 years old.
We are the lucky ones.
Grandma crocheted Clifford and Kennedy for me.

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH Jodi! I am so sorry for your loss. She sounded like a great woman to have known.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry for your lose

she sounds like an amazing lady!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger GingerSnaps said...

Sending hugs your way, Jodi.
{{{{{Jodi}}}}}

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

I liked what you said... how lucky and blessed you knew you were having her.

and now a well deserved rest -in His Arms.

tough to say good bye, tho...
I'm sorry for your grief.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Yaussie Girl said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home