Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mysterious Beauty...

Can anyone tell me what this is??
Is it an actual flower or what's left of one?



I took the picture up at the ever-so cold and rainy Mt. Rainier...

and there were fields of them.

I absolutely fell in love with these amazing things!!

UPDATE:

After much investigating...

I found out that these beauties are called "Western Anemone seed heads"... although I really like Karmyn's idea that I had accidentally stumbled upon some 3rd dimension or Fairy land!! ;-)

7 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What the "frick" are they???

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No clue -

Are you sure you hadn't accidentally stumbled upon some 3rd dimension or Fairy land?

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JODI!!

Wow, you have to love the power of the web, I typed in your name to Google and you blog page came up #1. Good job with the SEO!

Hey, I have a potential design project to throw your way from a friend of mine wo just started abusiness in Michigan... she needs a brochure and training manuals it sounds like. You game? You still in the game? Email me back, courtney@purematter.com.

And btw, look what a travel monster you've become! To think I knew you when you went on your first plane trip...

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

smurf whisker washin' day

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

I saw those when I was a kid and I want to say White goats Beard.
However, I remember the seeds being much more fragile. I feel like the name is just whirling in the inner recesses of my brain

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool picture. Never seen those before, I don't think.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I grow anenome's in my garden -- I'm going to check out the seed pods this fall... wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home