Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ten More Days...


That's it people... the countdown has begun!


10 more days until we hit the open road... heading west!
Two-weeks... free of the daily grind.

In our future is driving 15-hour days to get to where we want to go... a tent, rain or shine... the subtle scent of bug spray... slimey shower shoes... nibbling on beef jerky... beautiful hiking trails and a good walking stick (to beat off the mountain lions and bears)... the smell of the campfire permeating our clothes... campground toilets (joy!)... and the sweetness of s'mores!!!

We will have a lot of laughs... take lots of pictures... and enjoy every minute... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Life is good!!

5 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait till my kids are a bit older so we can go camping again!!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Rising Rainbow said...

I'm not a camper for all the reasons you name except the smores, now those I can relate to.

Camping would be more my style in a nice long motorhome with a pop out. But I hope you have a great time!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Beccy said...

Sounds fun, my children have just returned from a week of camping with the scouts, they had a ball.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Love hearing it coming out of your mouth.....

and I'll love hearing about it when you get back.

Just don't save me a seat in the privy. Thanks. (:

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Ava said...

Thanks for postiing this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home