Monday, July 16, 2007

Fun Monday...

Tiggerlane is hosting this week's Fun Monday with the instructions: I wanna see your CAR! It can be your current car, the first car you ever had, maybe your first new car with that new-car smell, a car you wrecked once, or even the dream car you would drive - given all the money in the world! Oh - and if you have a truck, SUV, lawnmower, whatever the local authorities allow you to drive, let's see it!

For me... cars and trees don't mix!

Out of the three new cars that I have owned... two of them have had up close and personal encounters with trees.

My first new car was a 1988 Chevrolet Nova Hatchback. I had it for five years before it met it's demise when I was living in Nashville. We had an amazing ice storm and a huge tree gave way to the weight of the ice and fell on my car. That was the end of my cute little Nova.

And that brings us to my current car... a 2003 Pontiac Vibe... um... under a tree.


This time I had the pleasure of being IN the car at the time the tree fell. I had driven home from work in a horrible rain storm... you know the kind where the wind is blowing so hard that the rain is horizontal... yeah, that kind of storm. Well, I made it home and pulled up to the garage. I hesitated a moment before getting out... and I am glad I did. As I grabbed the handle to open the door, there was a crashing boom and everything went dark. It took me a moment to realize what had happened... and when it finally registered I just thought to myself... "you have got to be kidding me!!!... my car hit by a another tree."

I was trapped inside... but finally pried the door open only about 8 -10 inches and slithered out into the mud. As I walked away from the car I did something I always do out of habit... clicked the button on the remote and locked the doors! Yeah, just in case someone wanted to saw the car out from under the tree and steal it... very smart, Jodi!! After I realized what I had done... I just stood there and laughed.

Fortunately... the tree fell in just a way that once it was removed... there wasn't too much damage done to the car itself. I was amazed... and very thankful.

So... you know how you hear about those people who get struck by lightening more than once, or the ones who win the lottery several times... well, I'm kinda like that... but with trees and cars!! Lucky me!

13 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Wow, what are you six favorite numbers? Seriously, I am glad that you are okay. That is funny that you locked your tree-protected car.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

I am HAPPY that you were okay -- except the part about locking it. Well, maybe you had something valuable inside.


And what a nice picture.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

Wow, what a story and you took a picture too. That must have been really scary when the tree fell!

Have a great Monday!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminder to self: NEVER go on a road trip with Jodi.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

That was a great story - mostly b/c you lived to tell the tale! WOW...that is just amazing.

And I'm laughing that you LOCKED the car. Thanks for participating!

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You slithered out in 8-10"??? I'd need a whole lot more prying before I'd fit out of there. Glad to read you were ok. I bet it sure got the ol heart pumping when that thing hit.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Beccy said...

That sounds really scary, I'm glad you hesitated before getting out.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger willowtree said...

Holy Crap!!! Two cars hit by trees. If I were you, there's no way I'd be an environmentalist!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats kinda crazy bout the tree thing... good thing you hesitated to!!

and pretty darn nifty that there wasn't much damage to the second one!!

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger my4kids said...

Seriously I'd stay clear of trees for awhile!
Haha I would totally have locked the doors with my buttons as well out of habit!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger theotherbear said...

YIKES!!!
Dude, how scary would THAT be!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger ChrisB said...

Too scary-I can't believe there wasn't much damage to your car it looks awful but so glad you were not hurt.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger daddy d said...

That was some good luck with that second tree. Every once in a while, we win one against mother nature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home