Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just Breathe...

Michigan is FINALLY trying to pass legislation on making all workplaces smoke-free, including bars and restaurants. I can't begin to tell you how much I want this to go through... I am tired of inhaling smoke while I sit in the "non-smoking section" of a restaurant. And I would like to go hear my favorite band play at a club without rushing home to peel off my smoke-filled clothes and then have to suffer from congestion for two days afterward.

Don't get me wrong... I think people have a right to treat their own bodies the way they want to... but when their habits affect my well-being, that's when I have a problem!

And besides... if Ireland the "Pub Capitol of the UNIVERSE" can go smoke-free... why can't we?!?!

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a non-smoker, I'm all for it!!!!!

I think Oregon is smoke-free in all bars and pubs now too.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

It's so nice to breathe easy....

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

I TOTALLY agree!!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here to visit your bookshelves. My schedule has kept me away from blogging, so, better late than never...
I agaree 100% with you about having to breathe someone else's smoke-filled, polluted air. And, there is nothing worse than coming home smelling like you've spent the evening sitting in a chimney.
Now, for the shelves...love your selection of titles and would love to browse through those photograph books and your yearbooks. Thanks for playing the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home