Monday, June 25, 2007

More Fun...


Swampwitch asked us to post pictures of book shelves or stacks of books. Since space in my little abode is quite limited... I have to shove books and knick-knacks in every nook and cranny! Here is a sampling of what is on my entertainment center and it's surroundings...



The close-up below shows my high school yearbooks... a great book on Hollywood's lost artwork and a couple of photo albums of my trip to Spain and Italy in 2002.



This close-up shows a few of the older books that I got from my grandparents when they were downsizing from a house to an apartment. There are also random books of poetry and biographies.


Speaking of biographies... as most of you know I am a huge Katharine Hepburn fan. So needless to say, I have many (er, ALL) of the biographies written about KH as well as several on Spencer Tracy. These, in particular, are anchored by a crazy plate I made in pottery class.

So there you have it... a sampling of what I try to cram into the little space I have. Happy Monday!

17 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you're an artist from looking at your shelves.

Gorgeous.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Beccy said...

What lovely neat shelves...I wish mine looked that good.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger ChrisB said...

I love your crazy plate. We have a lot of books from our grandparents but displaying them all then becomes a problem.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

LOVE that plate!

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi, I'm intrigued by the black and white framed photos hanging on your wall. Did you take those while in Italy and Spain? I also love your crazy plate.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger MommaBoo said...

I love your plate!

Oh, and KH and ST were so wonderful. I like them both lotses!

I wouldn't mind coming over to your place, plopping down on the sofa and flipping through your books.

Thanks for sharing!

Happy Monday

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Arkansas Songbird... those are series of five black and white photos of various landmarks in NYC. I bought them from a street vendor while I was there. I believe the photographer's name is Aki Davis. They are really beautiful.

ChrisB, Jenni, JennieBoo, Songbird: Thanks... I have one more homemade crazy plate on a column on the other side of the entertainment center... you know, it's all about balance! ;-)

JennieBoo... glad to hear that you too enjoy KH and Spence!! Come on over!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Robinella said...

Love the pottery plate.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I'm mezmerized by the crazy plate
it makes me feel dizzy like "bill the cat."

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger theotherbear said...

I know I am supposed to be looking at the shelf, but I love that plate!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

I love the plate, too. It looks great there. Biographies are a great read.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy bio's alot... that plate is cool!!! you have a nice varied collection!!!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger my4kids said...

I wish my shelves looked that neat. Love the crazy plate.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the plate, you did an awesome job! Everything sparkles, pretty!

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that plate!

You have so much crammed into that tiny space...yet it doesn't look crowded. I'm impressed!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Katharine Hepburn - what a lady. I think she is the one that taught me how to stand up for myself.

And I absolutely love your plate...

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the crazy plate. And I like the stand it's on too. I've been looking for a stand like that. Great Fun Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home