Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Toad Day...

This remarkable-looking toad is one of 24 exotic new species found on a remote plateau in South America.


How cool is this little guy! I love the vibrant purple!!


-----------------------------

Speaking of toads... I'll leave you with a little fairytale that my cousin sent me...

Once upon a time there was a little yellow toad crying in the forest.
The Good Witch came along and asked the little yellow toad,
"Why are you crying, my friend?"

The little yellow toad said,
"All my friends are green and I'm yellow.
I want to be green like all my friends... sniff, sniff."

The Good Witch replied, "No problem!"
And she tapped the little yellow toad with her magic wand
and the little yellow toad turned green...
all except his private parts, which remained yellow.

"Oh no!!" exclaimed the little toad,
"I can't go through life all green except for my private parts!
You have to make me green all over!"

The Good Witch said, "Sorry, I don't do private parts.
You will have to go see the Wizard!"
So, off the little toad went to see the Wizard.

The Good Witch continued on into the forest where she came
upon a little brown squirrel crying very hard.

"Why are you crying, little brown squirrel?" the Good Witch asked.
"Because," said the little brown squirrel,
"all my friends are red and I want to be red, too...sniff, sniff."

"No problem!" said the Good Witch.
And she tapped the little brown squirrel and turned him red...
all except his private parts, which remained brown.

"Oh, no!!" exclaimed the little squirrel,
"I can't go through life all red except my private parts!
You have to make me red all over!"

But the Good Witch said,
"Sorry, I don't do private parts.
You will have to go see the Wizard!"

But the little squirrel started crying harder and said,
"But I'm new around here! I don't know the Wizard!
How will I find him??"

And the Good Witch said,
"Oh, that's easy! Just follow the yellow dick toad...."

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH GROAN! I didn't see that one coming. hee hee

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

oh i love it i love it. one of the few I've never heard.

(thats on psychedelic toad there)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home