Friday, July 06, 2007

Buzzz.....

Here is one of the most amazing creatures...


The Snowberry Clearwing Hummingbird Moth.

I took this picture while I was out in Massachussetts a couple of years ago. When I first saw it buzzing around the flowers I thought it was an actual hummingbird... it was about the same size and moved exactly like one.

I couldn't believe it was a moth... don't those flutter around the porch lights in the evening?!??! This thing was out in the heat of the day... feeding off the flowers and had the imitation of the hummingbird down to an art!

It took a few shots to get a decent picture.... they are fast little buggers!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

great photo, have a great weekend!

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool - great shot.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an amazing pic... those things are neat.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

love hummingbird moths. WE have a different variety. If you want to see click here our hummingbird moths

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture! We have hummingbird moths in Arkansas, too. They look just like the one in the picture, but I really don't know if they are the same or not.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photo. I've been buzzed by one of these before but never knew exactly what it was. Now I know, thanks to you.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger ChrisB said...

You managed to get an amazing picture.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I came back to look at your hummingbird moth. I actually thought I was returning to look at a hummingbird. Great Picture, neat creature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home