Friday, October 26, 2007

Taking a Stand...

I’ve never been a big fan of Maria Shriver.

Aside from the fact that at times she looks like Skeletor, her harshness as a reporter, and shrill voice has always turned me off.

But I have a newfound respect for her.

She has decided not to come back to TV news. Why? The final straw was the media circus surrounding Anna Nicole Smith's drug overdose death last February.

"It was then that I knew that the TV news business had changed and so had I," Shriver said. "I called NBC News and told them I'm not coming back."

I think it’s about time someone has stood up and said enough is enough. We no longer have the news reported to us… the TV networks and various news channels feel as if it’s a sense of duty to “entertain” us.

Remember when there was only one half hour of news? All of us gathered around the TV as Walter Cronkite eloquently gave us the IMPORTANT news of the day from around the world, stating only the facts. I sure miss those days.

So my hat’s off to Maria Shriver… will it really make a difference, probably not. But it is nice to know that everyone in the public eye hasn’t lost their professional morals.

Good Night, and Good Luck.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always liked Maria Shriver and have always thought she had a lot of integrity...regardless of how skinny she has become. Good for her to make a stand.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

no way you are old enough to remember Walter Cronkite. (: Even he had his editorial moments. It's a human fault - pretty hard not to be sometimes.

The news is no longer reporting anyway. They add to the story, take away from the story, bend the story, and in some cases rape the story.

I am always very cautious of the "story."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home