Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How Low Can You Go...

Someone stole my gutters. Yes, you read that right... my GUTTERS!!

I was out raking my leaves in my backyard and noticed that there was only the elbow left where the rest of the 15-20 foot gutter is SUPPOSED to be connected. I thought to myself... why would anyone steal my gutters? They were even screwed into one another! So I looked over to the neighbors... and yes, all that remained of their gutters were the elbows also! Our whole neighborhood was hit... backyards only, of course.

Gutters... why would anyone steal gutters?!!?!?

Well, I found out from a man at work that this has become quite an epidemic! People are stealing ANYTHING that is aluminum to get top dollar at the recycling center. It's been happening around the city... gutters taken by the truckload. In fact, aluminum is in such high demand that party stores and distributors have been having to put higher deposits on beer kegs because people are not returning them. They can actually get more money recycling it, rather than returning it to get their deposit back!

So if you have anything around or on your home that is aluminum... beware, there are thieves out there that will be gladly to take it off your hands, er... homes!

I went out to Home Depot the other day and bought new gutters...

PLASTIC... yes, plastic is my new-found friend!

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blows my mind. WHAT?!?! Stole gutters? Thieves are getting desperate. sheesh.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

that is Fd up!!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

paying for drugs, by golly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home