Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Exhaustion Sets In....


I have been burning the candle at both ends lately...
and it is catching up with me.

Aside from my 8-hour day job, I have been working on an "emergency" project for my previous employer... helping him out of a deadline jam. I received most of the project information on Saturday for this 11" x 17" 16-page newsletter... and had to have something for the client to see on Monday morning. I had the initial layout finished at 10:30 pm on Sunday... just in time!

Yesterday, I received the revisions at 6:30 pm... and worked on the job until 10:45 pm. The client was hoping to see something this morning... and I hate to disappoint!

On top of all this, I have just agreed to do a freelance job... creating a corporate identity (logo) for a new company. I will start this job next week. I am hoping that with designing their logo... I will have more work from them... such as brochures, letterhead, envelopes, business cards... and any other print media they may need.

I know in the long run I will be glad that I stretched myself because I will have some extra money in my pocket. But right now... I am tired. I am the kind of girl that goes to bed by 9:30-10:00 pm during the work week. I NEED MY SLEEP!!

But I am hoping this bit of suffering will pay off... literally!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger GingerSnaps said...

Wow, girl! Don't forget to take care of *yourself* in the midst of all of this! :)

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -

sometimes the extra money isn't worth all the stress - but then when that paycheck comes, you think, "it really was!"

Take some time for yourself when this is all over!

Dreaming What ifs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home