Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Juggling Act...


Yes... this is how I feel... but with jobs!

I have somehow (okay, it was greed) gotten myself into a mess. I am juggling jobs like a madwoman. Aside from my very busy 8-hour-a-day job... I have now taken on two other jobs for my former boss. One is a 36-page magazine for Michigan State University... and the other is a 32-page magazine for Kettering University!

I feel like I am on the computer 24/7 with no end in sight. I am kicking myself for getting into this position... but it is helping out my former boss who is faced with a shortage of freelance designers... and frankly, the money is almost too good to pass up!

I know that money isn't everything... but it sure does help! Already, two of my freelance jobs I finished last month have paid for my 16-day European River Cruise that I am taking with my best friend in April. So, I guess it's worth the added stress!

But for now... while I am in this electronic hell... I continue to wonder why I do this to myself.

The answer that always comes to me...

THE MONEY!

And I know that in February... when the jobs are complete and I have two crisp checks in hand... I will have a smile on my face!

3 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

don't forget to breathe!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Kila said...

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home