Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just Do It...


Check out the American Cancer Society's website for information about the walks this fall... there could be one in your state or even in your own town!

http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/

And if you can't participate in Making Strides... at least be sure that you (if you are female) get in for your mammogram!! And tell your mother, sister, grandmother, friend... or any other female you care about, to do the same. We've got to be aware that this disease affects 1 out of 8 women.

Prevention has to be the key until a cure is found!

Okay... I'll step off my soapbox now.
Thank you for your time!

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

This is a great event for an even greater cause. My friend is particpating in the 60-mile walk down in Atlanta in October. She is doing it for her aunt, who is fighting this disease to the very end. It also hits a little close to home for me, as 4 months ago, I found a lump in my right breast, that showed to be "extra tissue" that they want to "keep an eye on"...so I'll be getting mammograms every 6 months for awhile!

Anyway, thanks for posting this, Jodi!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Hey Ginger... keep getting those mammograms!! I have jumped on the bandwagon because earlier this summer my sister was diagnosed... she has gone through surgery and is now in her third week of radiation. She has been so strong through this whole process... and her longterm prognosis is very good. So our family is thanking our lucky stars!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home