Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm a Rockist

A great band is finally getting the recognition it deserves.
The Prime Ministers are not only great musicians...
but they are a bunch of great guys!!

---------------------------------------

Bands prepare for Friday's showdown
Melody Baetens / The Detroit News

It all comes down to this.
After more than 100 entries, a week of online voting and three semifinal showcases at area clubs, three bands will battle it out Friday in the finals of The Detroit News' Sonic Summer competition at the 2006 Chrysler Arts, Beats & Eats.

The finalists -- Free Element, The Prime Ministers and Pillar of Autumn -- each won their showcases at the Majestic Theatre, Magic Bag and Clutch Cargo's, respectively. The three bands will perform on The Detroit News/Comcast Stage on Friday. The winner will receive a boatload of prizes, including a performance on the National Stage at Arts, Beats & Eats on Sunday.

This is the second year for Sonic Street at Arts, Beats & Eats. The street is headed by The Detroit News/Comcast stage and is the home of the Sonic Summer contest finals. New this year is Comcast's involvement. Friday night's performances will be taped for rebroadcast for Comcast On Demand.

Sponsors for The Detroit News' Sonic Summer contest are Effigy Studios, ABC Warehouse, Axis Music Academy, StarShowz and WRIF-FM (101.1).

---------------------------------------

Also... check out their website (and mp3's) if you get a chance:
http://theprimeministers.com/

Good Luck... my friends!!

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

The Sonic summer sounds like a great way to showcase local bands! I haven't heard of Prime Minister before (I took a listen on thier page- pretty good)

Since I've gotten older I have suffered from that disease - what'sthenewmusicitis? When I watch the grammy's I have NO clue who anyone is. sigh - and I used to think I was hip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home