Friday, August 18, 2006

20th Class Reunion

So this is it! My first official post is to announce my excitement and/or fears of attending my 20th high school reunion tomorrow. The majority of these people shared with me my first day of kindergarten... and stood by my side during our graduation ceremony. But 20 years have past... and although I think fondly of my classmates, I keep in touch with none of them.

What emotions will I have tomorrow? Will I have anything interesting to say to these people? How much of the conversation will be "remember when we lined up the beer bottles on the church sidewalk?"... or "who was it that you dated our sophomore year?" I hope we find a common ground... remembering the past, but also wanting to know about who we are today. I am so far removed from the girl I was in high school.

Whatever takes place tomorrow... I am going in with an open mind. Wish me luck!

I'll let you know how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home