Monday, August 21, 2006

Some Things Never Change

Well... I survived the reunion. It was a good time overall... seeing classmates that I haven't seen in 10 years.

The only downside to the whole day were the events that took place later in the evening. A select few of the male classmates decided to get very drunk and very loud. These are men nearing the 40-year mark and they were acting like idiots. I mean... come on, JELL-O SHOTS??!?? When was the last time I've done a Jell-O shot... yes, that's right... HIGH SCHOOL!! I went into this reunion thinking (hoping) that the last 20 years may have matured some of these losers... but no, some things never change.

A co-worker asked me today about the reunion... and if I had learned anything about myself (or others) from attending. The only thing that came to mind is that I am so thankful that I didn't end up marrying any of the guys in my class. The above paragraph should explain it all.

The upside to the reunion was that it only took about 10 minutes before we fell into our comfort zone of being with each other again. We will forever have this bond... growing up in a small town with each other. For better or worse... we are apart of each other... our past... our history. It's a good feeling...

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

Jod-wah, I had that same kind of experience at my reunion...you just fall into that comfort zone! Luckily, nobody at my reunion made too much of a fool out of themselves. However, if I say so myself, having always been the "geeky fat girl" in school, I am happy to say that I had aged much better than some of the "popular" girls...tee-hee

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Amen to that, sister!! I will say that the majority of the girls aged much better than the guys! So many shiny, bald heads!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home