Thursday, April 26, 2007

Everybody Cut Footloose...

Senior Goes to Prom on Tractor

NEW ROCKFORD, N.D. - Forget taking a limousine to the prom. One high school senior drove his date in a 1992 green John Deere 8760 tractor.

"A few people made bets with me that I wouldn't do it," said Levi Rue, a senior at New Rockford-Sheyenne High School. "I guess I won them."

Rue suggested the idea to his date, Alissa Bachmeier, last Thursday, two days before the prom. She wasn't sure, worried about her dress getting dirty.

But after Rue showed her pictures of the tractor and promised to make sure it was immaculate, Bachmeier agreed. "I cleaned it up pretty good," he said.

Bachmeier wore a lime green prom dress that nearly matched the tractor.

Rue said they drove around town and to his grandmother's house to show her the unusual chariot.

"We got quite a few people who stopped and looked and stared and waved," he said. -AP

----------------------------------------------
Call me crazy, but after reading this article... all I can think about is the movie, Footloose. I'm such a product of the 80's!!

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

...and all I can think of is George Jones driving his tractor to the liquor store after Tammy hid his car keys... hee! :)

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

how much more fun could it get.
no one else will have that memory

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I heard about this I thought of Footloose, too. I guess great minds really do think alike!! And, I suppose I am ordinary, but I don't think I would have liked going to my prom on a tractor no matter how clean it was. Not that I would have expected a limo or anything. Just a nice average car pleased me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home