Friday, April 13, 2007

And I'm Gonna Be Forty...

When?
NEXT YEAR!!!


One of my favorite scenes from "When Harry Met Sally" is hitting a little too close to home for me...

Sally: He just met her... She's supposed to be his transitional person, she's not supposed to be the ONE. All this time I thought he didn't want to get married. But, the truth is, he didn't want to marry me. He didn't love me.

Harry: If you could take him back now, would you?

Sally: No. But why didn't he want to marry me? What's the matter with me?

Harry: Nothing.

Sally: I'm difficult.

Harry: You're challenging.

Sally: I'm too structured, I'm completely closed off.

Harry: But in a good way.

Sally: No, no, no, I drove him away. AND, I'm gonna be forty.

Harry: When?

Sally: SOMEDAY!!!

Harry: In eight years.

Sally: But it's there. It's just sitting there, like some big dead end. And it's not the same for men. Charlie Chaplin had kids when he was 73.

Harry: Yeah, but he was too old to pick them up.

-------------------------------

Yes, my blogging friends... tomorrow I will be turning 39. The big 4-0 is just around the corner... looming! I am a bit freaked... I know that I don't look, feel, or some people might say... "act" my age... but I never dreamt that I would be without a husband (or even date, for that matter) and kids by the time I hit this age. I know my life is good... I have an amazing family and a group of friends that I absolutely treasure. But there is a place deep in my heart that feels empty... and I hope that someday SOON it will be filled with love... as much love as I have to give to someone.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Ginger said...

Happy Birthday, Jod-wah!!!! I don't know of too many people who hit 40 and are exactly where they thought they'd be. Of course, at the same time, there is a man out there who is completely and totally MISSING OUT on a catch like you.

Wait. This is supposed to be a Happy Birthday post, not a depressing one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Happy Birthday!! May your birthday wish come true!!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday was the happiest!!! I will be 49 in July so 50 is just looming out there for me. Turning 40 didn't bother me too much, but I'm having some issues with 50. I mean 50 is like my mom's age...(she's actually 68, but you know, 50 sounds so...so...mature....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home