Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Think Pink...


Check out the American Cancer Society's website for information about the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks this month... there could be one in your state or even in your own town!

http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/

And if you can't participate in Making Strides... at least be sure that you (if you are female) get in for your mammogram!! And tell your mother, sister, grandmother, friend... or any other female you care about, to do the same. We've got to be aware that this disease affects 1 out of 8 women.

Prevention has to be the key until a cure is found!

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

Thanks for visiting today and especially for this post.
As you probably know, most of my posts this month will be about Breast Cancer Awareness.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Yes - I will do my self-check this month unfortunately, being under 40 - no mammogram yet for me - at least insurance wouldn't pay for it....and I think this is wrong. I think that every woman under 40 should have it done every 5 years (25,30, 35) - because every woman gets breast cancer - even young ones!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home