Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Gone, But Not Forgotten...

When I was at the Australia Zoo in February,
I jumped at the chance for this photo-op.
I'm so glad I did!

Steve Irwin's death has been a bit of a surreal experience for me. I know that he is gone, but when I turn on Animal Planet at 6pm... there he is, bigger than life. It's hard to wrap my brain (and heart) around it.

I know a lot of people thought the man was crazy and made fun of him. But if they could walk through the Australia Zoo and see his passion, his life's work... I think people would have a better understanding why he did the things he did... and the way he did them.

Tonight, Terri Irwin will talk about her life with Steve, how she and her children are coping with his death, and her dedication to continue the animal conservation quest that he started. It'll be on ABC's 20/20 @ 10pm est.

You can bet I'll be on the couch... with a big box of kleenex!

5 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

OOps - Thanks for letting me know about 20/20 - I will totally WATCH it. I will always be a fan of Steve Irwin.

(and Terri grew up in Eugene, Or - 1 hour South of where I am now)

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

Thanks for that reminder about tonight's program. I too have great admiration for Steve's work. He was able to preserve thousands of acres of land for wildlife and he introduced millions of people to species they never gave a thought about. And his family...this was one of those horrible accidents that make you stop and think about what is really important.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

My first time to visit here. Great picture. One I'm sure you will cherish. Thanks for the reminder. My heart has just hurt watching his wife and little girl in the interviews since the tragedy.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

How did the author delete the post? I had a weird comment the other day, too. grrrr...

I'm watching 20/20 right now...this is heart wrenching...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home