Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Going Batty...

For a little excitement on Saturday night... I got to capture a Little Brown Bat that was flying around INSIDE my best friend's house. It was quite exciting... and a bit scary. 

This picture isn't the actual one that I caught (but that is exactly what it looked like!)... no time for picture taking when I am in the middle of a battle! 

I wasn't too afraid of it... but I was definitely afraid of being bit. It looked larger flying around than it actually was... the wingspan make its size very deceiving. But the little thing had BIG fangs... and I knew that the fish net and sheet I was using to catch it would not give me much protection.

I had to wait for a bit before it landed and I could capture it without harming it... or me for that matter!! It took me about 15 minutes to finally secure it in the net and sheet before taking it out into the street under the light to let it free.

It sure was a thrilling adventure for a single girl on a Saturday night!!

5 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so brave. I'd be having one of those "OMG, it is going to get stuck in my hair and bite my ears" reactions.

Oh -my word verification is

oowew - exactly what I'd be screaming.

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were much nicer than we've been ;) DH drank a beer or two to calm himself, LOL, then went after it with a broom. I don't mind bats, but not in the house! And if they came in once, they'll probably do it again.

Anyway, I'm impressed with your bravery!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Hooray!! good for you. I don't even kill the spiders I find in the house-just find something to carry them safely outside even though I saw one the other day that made me very nervous. I couldn't get to it in time and now I imagine it peering at me from it's crevice in my ceiling. hmmm...

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

oh oh ho ho ho ho.
We were walking tonight - and one was flying around our heads.
It landed in a tree close by but got away again before we could get a photo.

I was going to call it "going batty" if I got a good picture to post.

Great minds...

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Yaussie Girl said...

OMG, you totally should have called Buffy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home